Most car owners will choose to clean their cars themselves. They are economical and can better understand their cars. However, many car owners only focus on the exterior cleaning, and they don’t know how to clean the precision and key components such as the engine fuel system. Let’s take a look at how to clean the engine fuel system.
Because the automobile fuel distribution system is very sophisticated, it cannot be disassembled casually. When cleaning the engine fuel system, use an engine-free cleaning agent, because the use of a non-disassembly cleaning agent does not require disassembly of the fuel system. On the one hand, it can be started to thoroughly clean the fuel system, and on the other hand, it is beneficial to protect the engine’s fuel system.
The operation process of cleaning the oil circuit and the oil tank with a non-disassembly cleaning agent:
1. Open the fuel tank cap, take out the filter cartridge, use a hose to draw out most of the fuel in the fuel tank, leaving about 10-15 cm deep fuel, and add 80ml* brand ethanol gasoline to replace the cleaning agent, and install the filter cartridge And close the fuel tank cap.
2. Disassemble the engine oil inlet and return pipes, connect the engine oil inlet pipe and oil return pipe with the oil inlet pipe and oil return pipe of the non-dismantling washer, and connect the oil inlet pipe and oil return pipe with a dedicated interface to form a loop.
3. According to the scale of the oil storage tank of the no-dismantling washer or the number of engine cylinders (100ml gasoline per cylinder), add gasoline to the cleaning agent storage tank and add 100ml* brand ethanol gasoline to replace the cleaning agent.
4. Adjust the pressure according to the car model, just adjust the appropriate pressure for the carburetor vehicle, and adjust the pressure for the EFI vehicle by 2-3.
5. Start the engine, check whether the oil inlet and return pipes are leaking, clean for 15-20 minutes at idle speed, increase the throttle every 3-5 minutes, so that the cleaned carbon and water are discharged from the exhaust pipe.
6. Disassemble the non-dismantling washer and the engine oil inlet and return pipes, restore the vehicle oil circuit, and start the car to check whether the oil pipe leaks.
7. Open the fuel tank cover and take out the filter cartridge; connect the air pump with a soft air pipe, insert the hose from the fuel tank port into the bottom of the fuel tank, and blow it with 3kg/cm air pressure, so that the various impurities accumulated at the bottom of the fuel tank are turned over Gasoline is washed away. When cleaning, it is best to block the mouth of the fuel tank with a clean cloth, and constantly move the hose purge position.
8. After confirming that the impurities at the bottom of the fuel tank have been cleaned, immediately release all the oil in the fuel tank. Special reminder that the oil released from the crude oil tank must be filtered and precipitated before being added to the oil tank.
9. Replace the fuel filter (depending on the situation).
10. Add ethanol-gasoline or ordinary gasoline, start the engine, and road test.
Maintenance method of the fuel system
01 Go to a regular gas station and add fuel suitable for your car. There is no need to add high-grade fuel, otherwise, it may make carbon deposits more serious.
02 Regular use of fuel cleaners to suppress carbon deposits should be carried out in strict accordance with the instructions for use, without excessive frequency.
03 When repairing and maintaining, pay attention to repair and replace the fuel filter to ensure the fuel filtering effect.
The fuel system is closely connected with the engine. Cleaning and maintaining the fuel system to keep it in good working condition can make the engine run better and ensure the safety and comfort of the car.