The function of the oil filter is to remove metal debris and various impurities in the engine lubricating oil (oil), so as to prevent it from entering the lubrication system and wearing parts.
After the oil filter is used for a period of time, a lot of sludge and metal debris will accumulate on the filter element, which will block the filter, hinder the flow of lubricating oil, and hinder the normal operation of the system. At this time, the oil filter (or filter element) and oil should be replaced in time.
1 Car preparation
(1) Before the vehicle enters the station, clean up the station, remove obstacles, and prepare relevant tools and articles.
(2) The vehicle enters the station, tightens the parking brake, and places the transmission in the N or P position.
2 Tool preparation
(1) Equipment or tools;
(2) Install a three-piece suit (steering wheel cover, seat cover, and footpad);
(3) Open the cabin cover and support it.
(4) Install fender cover cloth and front grille cloth.
3 Warm up the engine
(1) Enter the cab, swing the transmission gear control handle laterally to confirm whether the parking brake is tightened and the transmission is in the N or P gear position.
(2) Turn on the ignition switch, start the engine and keep running at idle speed for 3 to 5 minutes. During this period, observe the change of the indicated value of the water temperature meter. When the water temperature reaches 60~70℃, turn off the ignition switch and stop the engine.
Technical specifications: Conducive to complete oil discharge in the engine.
4 Check for leaks
(1) Check whether there is oil leakage at the valve chamber cover gasket, fuel filler opening, and front crankshaft oil seal.
(2) Adjust the angle of the lifting arm and the length of the pull arm respectively, so that the support pad is aligned with the support point on the vehicle floor.
(3) Lift the vehicle to the target height and park it reliably.
Technical specifications: If the oil leaks, the leaking point should be repaired first and the vehicle can be safely parked before entering the vehicle.
5 Drain the oil
(1) Place the oil recovery barrel directly under the drain plug of the engine oil pan.
(2) Loosen the drain plug with a socket and torque wrench.
(3) Slowly unscrew the oil drain plug by hand. When you feel that there are only 1 to 2 threads left, push the oil drain plug up slightly when you continue to unscrew it. After confirming that all the threads have been unscrewed, quickly remove the oil drain plug to allow the oil to flow into the recycling bin.
(4) Check whether the gasket of the oil drain plug is damaged. If it is broken, replace it with a new one. Use a rag to clean the metal scraps on the drain plug.
(5) When the drain hole of the oil pan no longer drips oil, screw in the drain plug by hand.
(6) Use a socket and torque wrench to tighten the oil drain plug to the specified torque.
(7) Finally, wipe off the oil stains on the drain plug and the oil pan with a rag.
Technical specifications: At this time, you can wear gloves to replace them to check for oil leakage.
6 Replace the oil filter
(1) Loosen the oil filter with a special sleeve, extension rod, and torque wrench for the oil filter.
(2) Unscrew the filter by hand and put it in the waste recycling bin, and clean the filter seat.
(3) After filling the new filter with fresh engine oil about 3/4 of its capacity, apply a thin layer of engine oil evenly on the sealing ring.
(4) Lift the filter upright by hand, screw the filter into its seat and tighten it firmly.
(5) Use the special socket, extension rod, and torque wrench for the oil filter to turn the filter 3/4 turn to tighten it.
(6) Finally, use a rag to clean the oil on the filter and its seat.
Technical specifications: The tightening torque of the filter should not be too large, so as not to damage the sealing ring, tighten it according to its regulations. Convenient for leak detection.
7 add oil
(1) Land the vehicle steadily on the ground. Do not touch the support pad of the lift and the support point of the vehicle. The vehicles are parked on the ground by their own weight.
(2) Observe whether the vehicle is skewed and severely deformed. If so, repair it and add engine oil. Focus on checking the tire pressure and shock absorber assembly.
(3) Wipe off the oil and dust around the filler plug with a rag, and unscrew the drain plug.
(4) Unscrew the oil drum cover, then hold the handle on the drum with one hand and the bottom of the drum with the other hand, align the fuel filler opening of the engine, tilt the oil drum slightly, and slowly pour the oil into the engine.
(5) When the filling amount is close to 3/4 of the tank capacity (4L), stop filling. After 2~3min, pull out the oil dipstick, wipe off the oil on the dipstick, insert it into the dipstick sleeve, press the height of the oil level of the dipstick, and it should be above the middle of the upper and lower scale lines. If the amount of oil is insufficient, add it and it is not allowed to be higher than the upper scale line.
Technical specifications: When the vehicle is severely deformed, the position of the engine on the vehicle shifts. The value displayed on the oil dipstick will have a large or small deviation, which will bring hidden dangers to the normal operation of the engine.
8 add and leak
(1) After the oil has been filled, tighten the oil filler cap.
(2) Enter the cab, turn on the ignition switch, start the engine and keep running for 3-5 minutes, then turn off the ignition switch.
(3) After the engine stops running for 3 to 5 minutes, pull out the oil dipstick, wipe off the oil on the scale, and then insert it back into the sleeve. After confirming that it is inserted in place, pull out the dipstick again and observe the oil pan The oil level is displayed on the scale.
(4) Lift the vehicle to an appropriate level and check whether the oil drain plug, oil filter, etc. leak oil. If there is a leak, the vehicle can be put into use after repair.
(5) Lower the vehicle smoothly to the ground.
Technical specifications: The main purpose is to fill the oil storage space in the lubrication system to facilitate the determination of the actual oil storage in the oil pan. If the oil level is displayed on the upper middle of the upper and lower limit lines of the scale, it is normal; if it is lower, add a proper amount of oil; if it is higher than the upper scale, discharge a proper amount of oil.
9 tidy up
Close the engine compartment cover; clean up tools and instruments and put them back in place; clean the ground for hygiene.