Engine is a machine that can convert other forms of energy into mechanical energy, including internal combustion engines (gasoline engines, etc.), external combustion engines (Stirling engines, steam engines, etc.), electric motors, etc. For example, internal combustion engines usually convert chemical energy into mechanical energy. Engine not only applies to power generating device but also refers to the whole machine including power device (such as gasoline engine, aviation engine). The engine was first born in the United Kingdom, so the concept of the engine also originated from English, and its original meaning refers to the “mechanical device that generates power.”
The engine is composed of seven blocks, each of which has its own function. They are:
One, body group
1. Composition: cylinder head, cylinder block, and crankcase
2. Function: As the assembly base of each engine mechanism and system, it is the framework for supporting and fixing the crank connecting rod mechanism and other devices, and the related parts of the tractor chassis form the tractor frame.
Two, crank and connecting rod mechanism
1. Composition: mainly including piston, connecting rod, crankshaft, flywheel, etc.
2. Function: The engine generates power and converts the linear reciprocating motion of the piston into the rotational motion of the crankshaft to output power.
Three, Valvetrain and intake and exhaust system
1. Composition: Mainly include intake valve, exhaust valve, tappet, pushrod, rocker arm, camshaft, and camshaft timing gear (driven by crankshaft timing gear).
2. Function: Fill the combustible mixed gas into the cylinder in time and discharge exhaust gas from the cylinder in time.
Four, Supply system and governor
1. Composition: Mainly include the fuel tank, precipitation cup, diesel filter, fuel transfer pump, fuel injection pump, and governor, etc.
2. Function: Spray clean diesel oil into the combustion chamber in a mist form at a fixed time, fixed amount, and pressure, and automatically adjust the fuel supply according to the load of the diesel engine to ensure the most economical and stable operation of the engine.
Five, starting device
1. Composition: starter motor and it’s a clutch mechanism, flywheel ring gear, starter switch, battery, etc.
2. Function: A mechanism that makes the diesel engine turn from a static state to a running state and can be smoothly separated from the diesel engine as soon as it enters the running state.
Six, cooling system
1. Composition: cooling water jacket of the cylinder block and cylinder head, water pump, thermostat, fan, radiator, water temperature meter, etc.
2. Function: Dissipate the heat of the heated parts into the air, delay the decrease of the strength and hardness of the parts and cause deformation and damage, maintain the appropriate clearance of the mating parts, avoid the deterioration of the lubricating oil due to high temperature, and ensure the normal diesel engine jobs.
Seven, lubrication system
1. Composition: Mainly include oil pump, pressure limiting valve, oil filter, lubricating oil passage, etc.
2. Function: Supply lubricating oil to the relative moving parts to reduce the friction resistance between them, reduce the wear of the parts, and partially cool the friction parts and clean the friction surface.